New Song, New Dance, New Life

The turn of the axis, like the turn of a chin. My life is on a swivel. Death is all around me but, it may not take me. It took her. They say dreams are a shadow of death. There is no light, no life in a shadow. Perhaps it is because those around me celebrate death as a caricature? A grayish image to be placed on display. Death is not always immediate. Sometimes, we carry it in our moments of pleasure. Our jubilant actions serenaded by whimsical debauchery, conducted by our flesh. This soiree eventually comes to a halt. At the point where your feet, your arms bounce but, we realize He are being pulled along. Then as our hearts open still in the arms of the former partner. We reach out to the Suitor, under the light. No gracious apologies, HE whisks you away to a place of life. Your strength and your life has increased. Our sure footedness has been acquired. Now, the attack comes at my most vulnerable state. I wander off to the allure of slumber. In the wee hours of the night I see, touch, taste, forbidden fruit. Greater is HE that is in me, than this rest disturbing foe. I awake and pray. I awake and confess the old me has passed away. Death could not have me but, I surrendered my past. I gave it over willingly. Left no shoe or, calling card for him to find me. I wanted to die to all who and what once knew my former being and name. The person being beckoned lay on a sacrificial block. I remember you but, no longer know you. If I try hard enough your scent and, your touch will intoxicate me. However, no more do you inebriate me. The bitter flavor once hidden is ever present. Continually, in my right mind I reject your advances. We have no song, no dance. Now, metamorphosised into my birthright essence. Death and sin do not disappear but, neither is it hidden. Equipped with conviction of our Comforter, a heart for the Father, our palates do not respond to the same melodies they once did. Like a mother listening to her baby's cry; we listen and hear. Correction of our loving Father turns down the banging beats that have us swaying unconsciously. Beep! Beep! Slap! We rush to turn off the alarm but sleep or awake; dead or alive we prepare to engage in battle. By the way..... We have the victory.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tent Revival

Extra, Extra, Read About Life

One Dimensional