Unlocked Seasons: Knowing who you are in this season

    I once heard a man of GOD say in the seasons of our lives to find someone in the Word of GOD who went through our situation in order to build strategy to navigate out of the current situation. I have taken this to heart in my life. I now realize that because I am too lax on myself I use the wrong examples at the wrong times. I have learned that lack of self discipline counteracts the application of these great lesson legacies. Meaning the times in my life when I should have been anticipating my walk to Golgotha in consecration I was hanging with the children of Israel laughing at the golden calf. See, because I was not building the calf I thought I was safe. No one wants to be Joseph sleep in the side of the mountain waiting. Everyone can not bear the mantle of being Moses face to face with GOD. 

     This brings us to our current stage. How do we determine the season we are currently in? I have learned in my own life I am all three. The balance is to not stay in one too long. Too much Moses and not only do we neglect our physical needs but, as a great woman told me, "don't become so heavenly minded you are not earthly good." Too much Joseph and we stop challenging ourselves because higher than everyone else may be fine for where we are but, not where we are going. Too much golden calf satisfy for a season but, it does not last and comes with it's own set of strongholds. Strongholds are the extras that come with overt sin. Sin is sin but, in my life I have noticed the pain varies with sins of the flesh. Now, the answer hanging in the air takes us back to Jesus. Seeking first the face of GOD we get the room to clear out the voices. 

     The voices of regret, doubt, denial, fear, pain, lust, greed, rejection, lies upon lies are silenced as we sit. Not just be still but, genuinely sit in the presence of GOD. We have direct access because of our relationship with CHRIST. Now, at that time go through the people in the Bible like scrolling through profiles on media page. The challenge is when that person or situation is highlighted for you what conversation do you have with yourself? Nah, I'm not Cain I love all my brothers. But do I love all mankind? Nooo, I am under a Jezebel spirit; I am not controlling, I am picky. I am not having sex. I can't help what I dream about. Judgmental, Pharisee? Never, at the same time if I don't tell them who will? We are harder on ourselves in our mind than we are in practical application. 

     Your fitness experts know this best. However, not only who but, when. Am I David in the manger, in the palace, in the field with Jonathan, in the wilderness, before Uriah, or after? We as Christians are also human but, with the help of HOLY Spirit and a willingness to submit we can victoriously live this thing called life. In this season go in then go out. Go into the depths of yourself. Push past every voice that tells you GOD doesn't want to hear you and sit before HIM. In that meeting listen to HIM affirm we are his children. Then, in heart of a good Father give us the instruction for this season.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tent Revival

Extra, Extra, Read About Life

i Forgot YOU Love Me