Standing Ovation for Brothers

    Why are men not afforded the same time to process, heal, and grow from emotional trauma?  Do they not give it to themselves?  Is the stigma too great?  Is there an overarching societal oppression hindering them from being able to be vulnerable?  The newfound intentional awareness the answer to all these questions is a resounding, yes.  This fact weighed heavy on my heart today.  I had a “When I looked back over my life, and I think things over,” kind of day.  I marveled at how I have been kept.  HE kept me; has been on repeat in my heart.  Why is it as a female I can declare this welcomed with grace, love, and encouragement?  While a man is expected to shoulder through?  


So many challenges on the internet I issue a challenge to acknowledge men in your life.  Tell men in your life that you appreciate the role they play in your life.  I choose to acknowledge my brothers.  These men have impacted me in so many ways.  When I consider the masculine demonstration of “HE kept me,” these are the men my Savior used to present the love of GOD.  My biological brother was my first hero.  I still look at him with great schoolgirl admiration because usually he has the biggest heart in the room.  He would believe he has the biggest brain.  My big brother showed me what tenderness from a man is supposed to feel like to a woman.  I cherish his contribution to my growth.  He is the key the Lord used to bring salvation to our home in the embodiment of a human epistle. 


Next, I honor my god brother.  This man shows unconditional love through provision, quality time, and craftsmanship of his hands.  Pearls of wisdom fall like grapes from a vineyard in his soft, infrequent conversations.  Actions speak louder than words, but service is a skill I demand as a byproduct of his example.  My brother in Christ.  This brother allowed the Lord to use him to teach me how to relate to men in a healthy way.  My brother in Christ challenged me to trust a man who did not share my blood for the first time.  Trust that his motives were pure, trust that he wanted to walk out leadership with me as a partner.  Learning to submit through respect without losing my identity was such a healing experience.  My Godly friend.  To meet a man who you can give your heart to without the demand of your body is a miracle to me.  Ever willing to provide the male perspective drenched in the blanket of protection helping to navigate the life's waters.  


I pause to applaud these men.  I pause to celebrate the trials and tribulations they have endured in order to get to this season in their lives.  Thank you for not giving up when the dark clouds came.  Thank you for continuing to fight when the battle seemed tremendously out of your favor.  Thank you for choosing to be the men you are; because your unyielding connection to CHRIST is an anchor for women like me. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tent Revival

Extra, Extra, Read About Life

i Forgot YOU Love Me