Wounds and Kisses

    When I am going to provide an introspective story with the hope of providing an intimate connection to someone with whom I am conversing; I will preface my statement with, “moment of transparency.” The purpose is to create a safe space for that individual to feel comfortable reciprocating my vulnerability. It also forces me to confront the truth that I am sharing sensitive information that may not be handled correctly once I release it. Only with that space of vulnerability will we both grow from the exchange. I recently heard someone say that we critique people by their actions and critique ourselves by our intentions. 

     Reflections of both my actions and intentions helped me to narrow the ambiguity between the wounds and kisses of our current year. What if wounds from a friend are filled with the venom of an enemy? Where wounds from a friend may be a blessing according to Proverbs; lips are a faucet from the heart which can pour venom from a third party enemy. These same loved ones who attempted to love me in turn spoke with the same words of their venomous loved ones who had hurt them. Walking pools of contaminated substance spraying venom in the name of love while on the defense. 

     Once wounded I noticed that I went into a cocoon of healing that calloused over with pain and hardened in pride. My resolve to never be hurt again strengthened my misguided belief that I could protect myself. Convicted by the challenge to deny my soul the foil armour disguising a broken state; I am rising. At the dawn of yet again another valley season I am having to make a conscious effort. I have to make a conscientious effort to see these experiences that I would want to see. I loved them like I wanted to be loved but, I did not love them like I loved myself. Embracing these revelations, I am rising. I look to the Living Water to protect my heart, my mind, my efforts to fight off the temptation to water others with my now damaged faucet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Dimensional

Tent Revival

Extra, Extra, Read About Life