Daddy's Girl

My Daddy walked me to work today! That was my response when they asked me the cause of my beaming as I grinned from ear to ear. He took my hand and walked with me reminding me that I was the most precious girl in the world. “You are forty-three,” they said with a touch too much dismay. “I really should introduce you to my Daddy because he can love you as well,” I said. Aren't you too old to be a Daddy's girl?”, they asked in mockery. “No, I say, because he was waiting on me.” My Daddy will restore the time but, I had to lay aside every wait. “Wait until I stop feeling this way, wait until I get older, wait until I am ready to settle down, wait until I get this out out my system.” All that waiting was me tied to the weight of sin. Sin separates and sin separated me from my Daddy. He was was patient and called me from afar. He called me and reminded me that I was His child. Like time stood still for Joshua, time has been restored for me. The weight of sin did not only separate me from my Daddy but, it separated me from so many young people I love dearly. The weight of sin caused a great gulf between myself and the seed of my siblings. No all night slumber parties, no long basketball games, no mini vacations, no driving lessons, no secrets, and advice exchanged. Now, my Daddy is faithful to restore. He allows me to pour into my babies several different ways. My Daddy played with me today. We ran and jumped and frolicked in the park. He took me shopping and held my hand. I am HIS favorite according to His pleasure and there is nothing you can do about it. ©InmypromiseWhite

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tent Revival

Extra, Extra, Read About Life

i Forgot YOU Love Me