Love Me True

“And you will know the truth, the truth will set you free.” Over and over again I hear parents share their understanding of GOD the parent is expanded once they become parents. The ultimate image of unconditional love. There is the ability to know; then there is the ability to communicate. Possessing the words and, language to convey message. I have known a truth in my heart of hearts for years. That truth is that i love my neighbor as i desire to be loved. Not, as i love myself; because evidence proves I don’t know how to love myself. It would be a false truth to say I don’t love myself. I just don’t appreciate myself the way I should given the nature of our relationship. I am not alone in this disconnection. Described by Ian Cron and Suzanne Stabile as “The Helper,” in the Road Back to You. This truth brought me encouragement knowing that I am not alone in this transition. Hopefully, spilling my heart on the page will encourage someone else. Now, with this new found revelation I am processing the backlash. I am processing how I feel about all of my choices. I have had to pull away from the people who were pulling on me emotionally and physically. It has been interesting watching the adjustments. Spending the most time with myself I am forced to engage in self reflection. Now, I am in a sort of a courtship with myself. I have always perceived the needs of others. Spending days moving forward on pathways of servitude then, backtracking towards healthy self preservation. Closing out this month of love is a small reminder of self care is the best care all those you love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tent Revival

Extra, Extra, Read About Life

One Dimensional