She Bleeds Truth

Abel cried with his life blood and, thus it is a powerful force. The blood that fills us speaks, and,feels only to empty out. Yet does this blood also control? Does this blood that has the ability to cry out for help also possess the means to dominate us from within? Yes, I am bone of your bone and flesh of your flesh but, I am not controlled by the blood we share. I was engrafted and given a great transfusion. Now my veins though they occasionally war internally understand that my life is controlled by the hemoglobin of my Father. Desensitized though my outer man be to this chaos, rage, and anger. I will not succumb to the temptation to assimilate. I will not fall prey to the desire to respond with such malice. My eyes have seen the aftermath of these exchanges on too many encounters. I weep for the child who witnessed these encounters and, accepted them as the norm. I weep for the impressionable young girl who would gauge all conflict by the life threatening, blood curdling, fury spewed. Yes, I share the blood of great queens who had to hold those at bay eyeing to steal their territory. I am proud of the legacy of royalty from which my very own bosom was shaped. I do not however, allow my fleshly matriarch to completely define me. I am a new woman in Christ, old things have passed away, all things became new. I may have the design to grab the chains which reek of familiarity. I may be predisposed to embrace my yoke terror created and, nurtured. My blood may take pleasure in operating in that manner because I am my Mother's daughter. Yet, because greater is HE that is in me than the blood of my fore mothers I will rise to the stature of patience and grace.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tent Revival

Extra, Extra, Read About Life

One Dimensional