Tent Revival

Step right up! Step right up! Here for one night only see the juggling woman act. The conductor projects in the crowded room. Here she goes........ balancing the career, ambition, and business on three plates. The awe flows through the crowd. Now, behold her lift one leg and, push the button of peaceful balance. Wait for it.... A discreet servant slides in a ball for her to stand on with her remaining leg that she lands on gently coming down from a quick hop. Laugh out loud at myself this is what I see when I close my eyes to the circus surrounding me. I leap from center stage, and discard my props. I find the nearest secluded rug and I push in. The ringmaster is silenced to my tears that soothe my drumming heart. The lion at the end of the whip has nothing on the roar that escapes from me. The ground around me begins to sway. I hear a song from my spirit. The boisterous gale of a melody cracks the whip on this pompous tent action attempting to overtake me. To my throne room I retreat, to my rug on bended knee, to the arms of my Beloved, to the feet of my King. Not really a prisoner but, like those outcasts who find a home amongst the other other outcast embracing that, there really isn't a place to go. No place to call home. I travel with the troupe by the call of the demand. I find anchor with the Father most often during times I can not stand. My knees are weak, my wrist going limp, I balance nothing as it all seems to flip, flop, and slip. I surrender, I crash into His hands. I rest and the elephants serenade my unbalanced life is somewhat organized. Beats, snorts, horns, and snares all bring harmony to my deafening despair. Slumber finds me sleep in the safe crevice of my Father's lap. HE has stroked and assured me that this too shall pass.

Comments

  1. Amen I enjoyed reading this. Thanks for thinking enough of me to tag me in this. I love you lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm walking the tightrope (no net) those clowns keep piling out of that tiny car throwing bananas but I know if I can walk on water. . .

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm walking the tightrope (no net) those clowns keep piling out of that tiny car throwing bananas but I know if I can walk on water. . .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Extra, Extra, Read About Life

i Forgot YOU Love Me