Fighting Fear

    It seems over coming fear is an on going process. The point of graduation is when one decides to begin. Fear was not a part of our divine design but, it has been introduced through failure, disappointment, neglect, and deception. The sum total of these experiences throughout our lives have taught us that fear exists. There comes a point in our lives when we answer fears knock with a command to leave the safety of our threshold. For me this took place as an adult. Once I was big enough to take care of myself. Being able to protect myself from anything and anyone who could hurt me. Soon, I came to realize that even if I were a big girl now; somethings still intimidated me. 

     I had to rely on someone outside of myself. I had to have someone to appeal to about the things bigger than me. The older I got the bullies stop being human. The pressure of work, relationships, the impression of power people believe they weld. The decision to agree with their possession of that power over me became the challenge. My faith is in Christ who has made me new. In my new identity I am allowed to stand on the promises that come with my new genetic make up. Now, when fear knocks I look to my Heavenly Father, we exchange glances of assurance, and resume our activity of peace. A firm believer in the implementation of affirmations to help change habits, mindsets, and behaviors I have written these with all of us in mind. 

     Our thoughts collide with faith in various ways through a handful of categories. Me versus me for example. The primary way we encounter fear is in our own minds. I start here because once we master this battle the others tend to matter less and less. Even though, this battle is very internal the strength of the solution does not come from within. I first stand on this truth. Father GOD I believe You are good, YOU mean me good, You have good for me, You have my best interest at heart at all times, you are taking care of me. I choose to believe this truth no matter what it looks like and, no matter what it feels like.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tent Revival

Extra, Extra, Read About Life

One Dimensional