Selfie Preservation

Capture each moment and savor it. Is time passing, or are we flowing through time clasping keepsakes? Memories last forever but, essence is a flicker to be tasted but, never fully consumed. Celebration is our haphazard attempt to pay homage to the passing of "now". True honor lies in basking in immeasurable moments. That moment which tastes so good only after the last morsel is realized there is no evidence. We rely on smells, sounds, scents to carry the legacy. We hold the snapshots in our hearts nestled and warm. That tear wiped away as we shake ourselves from another time. The smile turned grin as we reflect on previous lessons learned. Capture your now because what was, is then, and what will be doesn’t have foundation. Now we choose joy despite our circumstance. Truth is circumstances are subject to our embrace. Hold on to the now, squeeze every drop out. Choose joy even if means chooses faces that smile in front of that were not a part of your rearing. I have come to learn that family is ever evolving. In capturing my moments that are drenched with emotion some memories are captors and not captured. Some memories hold me hostage pulling my awakened joy. I break free with the revelation that I am not who I used to be. In my now, I have the power of choice. I choose life. I aborted the fallacy of doing things out of tradition and obligation. My only obligation is to give myself the best memories possible. I shudder like the lens on a Nikon, click, click, click this season of celebrating the now. In the presence of Emmanuel, in each song, clink of a glass, laugh, take hold with force your moment metamorphosing in to a memory that will be forever a thread in your quilted ideology. These moments will be how you filter through new faces, experiences, and risk. Love yourself enough to foster, nurture, and feed life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tent Revival

Extra, Extra, Read About Life

One Dimensional