Breathing on Purpose

The problem with greatness is that spills out of you. I am not cocky I am confident. Like the fiend chasing that first high with hopes to die on the ride. Those with greatness attempted to run from it. The chuckle erupts into a boisterous laughter. The price of the call is a heavy mantle. People who hold destiny in their bowels call themselves cowering like Saul. We embody the substance of greatness and this releases in our walk, choices, rejections, betrayals, acceptance, desires. Outsiders see them post casualties of war, late nights of prayers for an alternate mission. Outsiders call them leader, pastor,dancers, singers, artist, coaches, boss. These are the people who ignite change, pull masses, cause rebellions, redefine the sphere of influence. Each day like Moses reminding themselves of their inadequacies. Pushing forward because the crowd is so thick they can't turn around. The passion is so strong they can't let them down. Fighting for something intangible with that part of them they can't quite empty out because each day it fills up again. Finding your purpose is like taking a breath for the very first time. Inhale pain, rejection, failure, confusion. Exhale relief. Peace, freedom, truth. Knowing why you were put on this Earth makes all the trouble become a road map. The sad part is as soon you start breathing you realize each breath depends on you staying in your purpose. Now, you chase it. You crawl through the doubters and naysayers because you see the manifestation on the other side. Most days the trek feels like a mirage but, there air is so pure you know you are the right path. Chasing air, yep, that is what is feels like to knock down the door of destiny. I refuse to die where I am and, I die if I don't breathe. Now, I take each challenge like it will cost me my life because I am either in my purpose or out of it. I am moving toward my destiny or away from it. I am breathing or, I am not. Determination in, purpose, out, tenacity in, purpose out.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tent Revival

One Dimensional

Extra, Extra, Read About Life